Sunday, August 22, 2010

Disney movies can teach us all sorts of things.

        In English class on Friday, we watched a video about copyrights made of a mosh-up of many different Disney movies. It was a little difficult to follow at first, but finally I stopped focusing on the different movies and let the words run together to make complete sentences. The video clearly explained the different rules that apply to a copyright and did so in an entertaining way. I thought it was weird at first, but the more I thought about it, I realized that if they hadn't used Disney movies, I wouldn't have been the least bit interested in copyright rules. Well, I'm still not really interested in it, but at least I was able to pay attention to the video. If the video had just been of an old man sitting in a leather chair, I would've taken a nap instead.

By the way, can anyone explain to me why in like 90% of Disney movies, the (sometimes) main character only has one parent??

1 comment:

  1. haha i've never made that connection between most main disney characters only having one parent but now that you point it out...I think 90% is about right. I guess they just do it to keep single-parent kids from getting depressed. that would be awful it all your favorite characters had 2 parents and you only had 1. Good observation though.

    ReplyDelete