Sunday, October 24, 2010
TEDtalk. Music is everything.
I love that we get to pick our own topics for these papers and that it is a HUGE deal that we hold interest in the topic we write about. I always hated the English papers we were forced to write in high school that I had no interest in.
I went to ted.com and immediately searched for "music." It is truly a major component in my life and I am very passionate about it. I clicked on the first video that came up and, after watching it, knew it would be the video and topic I would choose to write.
Robert Gupta talks about how influential music really is. Music is just not notes and sounds put together, but it is a movement and a catalyst.
I'm still not completely positive how I'm going to turn this topic into a six or seven page paper, but I know I plan on talking about how music brings us together, tears us apart, gives us understanding or piece of mind, how it can help with disorders...and a few other things I haven't thought of yet.
What do you guys think of the video?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like that your broad topic is music. There are many things you can stem off of with that. Plue all the counter arguments you can make, like Music being a distraction to some people.
ReplyDelete